Be an Advocate for Texas Students
When you stand with Texans for Strong Public Schools, you’re taking a stand for the future of public education in Texas. We are dedicated to protecting the valuable role public schools play not only in educating students, but also in supporting our local communities. We make it a priority to advocate for this with Texas lawmakers.
If you believe in the following, you are a Texan for Strong Public Schools:
- Strong, well-funded public schools are the best way to ensure each and every student has the opportunity to succeed, regardless of their race, socioeconomic status, or zip code.
- Our hard-earned property tax dollars must stay in our public schools, ensuring our neighborhood schools have sufficient funding to educate students.
- Vouchers, education savings accounts, and other privatization schemes create a costly entitlement program that gives taxpayer dollars to schools that are not held accountable to the public for their performance.
How Can I Help?
- Contact your state legislators, urging them to properly fund public schools and oppose vouchers.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest info on advocating for schools.