Support Texas Public Schools
The 86th Texas Legislature was largely a success, with $6.5 billion added to public schools over the next two years. However, the fight to fully fund and protect our public schools is not over. The efforts made by lawmakers this session are just a starting point in ensuring the strength of Texas public schools for generations to come.
Stay informed and be an advocate by taking the following actions:
- Follow TASB on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and share good news and advocacy messages on your own social media profiles.
- Listen to the TASB Talks podcast: Recap of the 86th Texas Legislature to get an idea of how what happened this session will impact public schools.
- Sign up to receive TASB Governmental Relations' Legislative Report emails, sent weekly with need-to-know information.
- Register to vote, vote in every election, and encourage your friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues to vote.
- Share the good news! Great things are happening every single day in Texas public schools; be sure to share them on social media. Share the Texans for Strong Public Schools website so that others can stay informed and become advocates.