Texans for Strong Public Schools™ is an advocacy initiative of the Texas Association of School Boards, Inc. and this website and related social media pages (collectively “Site”) are made available by TASB with the assistance of one or more contract affiliates (collectively referred to as “we,” “our,” or “us”).
We offer users the option to provide us personal information about themselves. We use this information to enable users to communicate with their legislators and to personalize user sessions.
When you register, this Site uses a cookie to store a unique user ID. We use this user ID to identify you in our database, which enables you to enter and use this Site for communicating with your elected officials without having to register each time.
Use of Registration Information
This Site uses any information voluntarily given by users to make sure that their communications are correctly delivered to their elected officials, and we will not share this information with other third parties. TASB affiliates can only use your information for authorized TASB purposes, including gauging the effectiveness of certain grassroots activities.
We are committed to respecting the privacy and security of all visitors to our Site. We recognize that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to protect your privacy and to provide you with choices about how that information is shared.
We do not disclose to other third parties any information gathered from the Site which could be used to track your individual access and navigation of our Site. In order to maintain the integrity of the personal information you provide, we deploy computer encryption technology to protect your information from unauthorized access or release.
We may use email and street addresses voluntarily provided by Texans for Strong Public Schools™ Site visitors to notify them of updates, products, services or upcoming events. Site visitors who do not wish to receive such notifications via email can choose to opt out of receiving Texans for Strong Public Schools™ information at any time by so indicating either at the time of registration, or upon receipt of any promotional email.
Non-identifiable Site visitor data may be collected and used in aggregate to help shape and direct the creation and maintenance of content.
It is your right to stop receiving Texans for Strong Public Schools™ email any time you choose and to only receive relevant and wanted email. We only collect and hold your email address in order to enable you to send communications to your legislators. You can unsubscribe from our Texans for Strong Public Schools™ email list at any time and for any reason. An unsubscribe link is included in every email, along with instructions.
SPAM and Policy Abuse
In spite of our precautions, there remains the possibility that a person will sign up someone else without their permission. If you think this has happened to you, please send an email with details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage users when they leave our Site to read the privacy statements of each web site that collects personally identifiable information. If you have any questions or concerns regarding what is done with information provided via this Site, please e-mail your concerns to email@example.com.
Rules of Conduct
You agree to use the Site for lawful purposes only. You may not use this Site to transmit any content that we deem as abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or infringing of another’s intellectual property rights. Content includes, but is in no way limited to, content that is viewable by others on the Site, comments, and artwork. Any use of, or conduct relating to, this Site that is not authorized by these terms is prohibited.
In connection with your use of the Site you may not:
- deliver content that contains software viruses or any other code, files, or programs designed to damage or disrupt any software, hardware, or equipment;
- post, upload, or create any content that contains copyrighted material without the right to do so;
- upload any content containing an image, likeness, or audio or visual recording of an individual without permission to do so;
- post, upload, or create any content that violates any privacy rights of any individual; or
- harm or harass any individual.
In addition, you may not:
- attempt to modify or alter the Site;
- attempt to use the Site other than for its intended purposes;
- attempt (including through the use of any device, software, or routine) to interfere with the proper functioning of the Site;
- attempt to circumvent a technological measure that controls or impacts access to the Site;
- take any action that imposes, as determined within our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large or otherwise overly-burdensome load on the infrastructure or networks utilized by the Site;
- violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with the use of the Site; or
- copy or distribute any content from the Site in any manner (including, but not limited to through the use of any manual process, device, or any robot, spider, or other automatic process), other than permissible copying from an account through the use of report or copying functionality provided by the Site and may not share, publish, or distribute any content from the Site other than as explicitly allowed by us.
We maintain social media sites on or through services such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Your use of each of our pages or offerings through each of those services is subject to these terms, as well as the terms and policies covering each of those respective services. Information you post to any social media site may be published or used in accordance with the site’s terms and policies.
DMCA Compliance / Take Down Rights
Consistent with our commitment to the protection of intellectual property rights, in connection with any content or material posted by users of or visitors to the Site (“User Materials”), we comply with the protections and notice and take-down provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Material infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing:
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notifications of claimed infringement should be sent to TASB’s designated copyright agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement,
Attn: Karen Strong
Texas Association of School Boards
P.O. Box 400, Austin, Texas, 78767-0400
The laws of the State of Texas, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern these terms, and you hereby irrevocably agree that all claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be heard exclusively by any of the federal or state courts of competent jurisdiction located in the State of Texas, County of Travis, and you waive any objection to personal jurisdiction or the propriety or convenience of venue in such courts.
v. December 2016